PHOENIX — The University of Arizona’s Phoenix medical school has launched a new program to help Valley high schools students jump start their future.
“What we will be doing is offering 24 students every two weeks for three consecutive sessions to come to medical school and experience what our medical students go through and really understand what it takes to be a health professional,” said the program’s coordinator, Patty Hamilton.
The program is designed to give students thinking of a career in a medicine a taste of what it’s really like.
“I always say, ‘Come play,’ and see if this is what you really want to do,” said Hamilton. “If so, they know what type of direction they need to go when they’re in college.”
The program uses field trips, community service and lectures to let students experience the medical field.
It is open to all high school students. Applications must be submitted by March 3.
To learn more or apply, click here.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.