PHOENIX — The 2014 season is still months away, but the Arizona Cardinals are already looking for their next group of cheerleaders.
The team will hold open tryouts for the cheer squad on the weekend of April 12-13 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort (2400 E. Missouri Ave., Phoenix).
Cheerleading hopefuls don’t have to go into the tryouts cold, however. An audition boot camp will be held at the team’s training facility in Tempe (8701 S. Hardy Dr.) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 22. The team said the boot camp provides background on what the judges are looking for as well as some helpful interview tips. There is a $100 fee for participating in the boot camp.
Additionally, the Cardinals cheerleaders will host a series of six dance clinics at the team’s training facility every Thursday from Feb. 27 through April 3. Each dance class costs $25 to participate, but discounts will be given to those who attend multiple sessions.
Those interested in trying out can call the cheerleaders hotline at 602-379-1874, or email the cheerleading director, Erin LaGrassa, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more information about the cheer squad and the audition process, visit www.azcardinals.com/cheerleaders/auditions.html.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America