PHOENIX — If you’re looking for a job, a national home improvement chain has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
The Home Depot plans to hire 80,000 people nationwide. Several of the vacancies are at Arizona stores.
“We are going to hire 1,500 people (in Arizona) for our spring season. It is about 40 to 50 people per store,” said Elanca Burton, assistant manager at a Home Depot in southwest Phoenix.
She said her store is looking for all kinds of people to fill seasonal customer service vacancies.
“We’re looking for veterans, retirees, reservists, students, but everybody is welcome,” she said.
Burton said that Home Depot especially wants to hire military veterans.
“We want to make sure that there’s jobs out there for them,” she said. “Home Depot, as a company, is very involved in veteran community affairs, so that is one of our pushes.”
The jobs are temporary and part time, but Burton said that workers who do a perform well could be considered for a permanent, full-time position.
To apply, visit http://careers.homedepot.com.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food