PHOENIX — If you’re looking for a job, a national home improvement chain has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
The Home Depot plans to hire 80,000 people nationwide. Several of the vacancies are at Arizona stores.
“We are going to hire 1,500 people (in Arizona) for our spring season. It is about 40 to 50 people per store,” said Elanca Burton, assistant manager at a Home Depot in southwest Phoenix.
She said her store is looking for all kinds of people to fill seasonal customer service vacancies.
“We’re looking for veterans, retirees, reservists, students, but everybody is welcome,” she said.
Burton said that Home Depot especially wants to hire military veterans.
“We want to make sure that there’s jobs out there for them,” she said. “Home Depot, as a company, is very involved in veteran community affairs, so that is one of our pushes.”
The jobs are temporary and part time, but Burton said that workers who do a perform well could be considered for a permanent, full-time position.
To apply, visit http://careers.homedepot.com.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night