PHOENIX — If you’re looking for a job, a national home improvement chain has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
The Home Depot plans to hire 80,000 people nationwide. Several of the vacancies are at Arizona stores.
“We are going to hire 1,500 people (in Arizona) for our spring season. It is about 40 to 50 people per store,” said Elanca Burton, assistant manager at a Home Depot in southwest Phoenix.
She said her store is looking for all kinds of people to fill seasonal customer service vacancies.
“We’re looking for veterans, retirees, reservists, students, but everybody is welcome,” she said.
Burton said that Home Depot especially wants to hire military veterans.
“We want to make sure that there’s jobs out there for them,” she said. “Home Depot, as a company, is very involved in veteran community affairs, so that is one of our pushes.”
The jobs are temporary and part time, but Burton said that workers who do a perform well could be considered for a permanent, full-time position.
To apply, visit http://careers.homedepot.com.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development