PHOENIX — If you’re looking for a job, a national home improvement chain has the “Help Wanted” sign out.
The Home Depot plans to hire 80,000 people nationwide. Several of the vacancies are at Arizona stores.
“We are going to hire 1,500 people (in Arizona) for our spring season. It is about 40 to 50 people per store,” said Elanca Burton, assistant manager at a Home Depot in southwest Phoenix.
She said her store is looking for all kinds of people to fill seasonal customer service vacancies.
“We’re looking for veterans, retirees, reservists, students, but everybody is welcome,” she said.
Burton said that Home Depot especially wants to hire military veterans.
“We want to make sure that there’s jobs out there for them,” she said. “Home Depot, as a company, is very involved in veteran community affairs, so that is one of our pushes.”
The jobs are temporary and part time, but Burton said that workers who do a perform well could be considered for a permanent, full-time position.
To apply, visit http://careers.homedepot.com.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns