PHOENIX — Arizona continues to be one of the top states leading the way when it comes to the solar power industry, a census said.
Arizona has about 8,500 people in the solar field, according to a job census from the Solar Foundation. That was enough for second in the nation, trailing only California.
However, the number solar jobs in the state declined from last year.
“The jobs numbers did decline from last year by about 1,200 jobs and part of that is due to some reduced work in the commercial solar industry,” said Bret Fanshaw with Environment Arizona, adding that the elimination of solar incentives also hurt job numbers.
Despite the drop in jobs, Fanshaw still believes Arizona is in a good spot.
“The bottom line really is that the sky is the limit for solar energy in Arizona,” he said. “We can produce pollution-free power that has no fuel costs.
“But we also need to look at and keep the good policies that we have to continue to foster growth.”
Fanshaw said less than 2 percent of Arizona’s power comes from solar energy.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development