SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – A Utah company is recalling about 90,000 pounds of beef jerky products that were mislabeled and didn’t list on the packaging the ingredient soy lecithin, an allergen.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food safety service announced Tuesday that Salt Lake City-based Prime Snax Inc. is recalling products made before Feb. 2 that were shipped around the country.
The recall affects five of the company’s beef jerky brands: Arizona Jacks, Desert Star, Southwest Trail, Terrell and Kettle Creek.
Officials say there have been no reports of adverse reactions to the products.
Prime Snax CEO Kevin Howard says the recall was voluntary and a technical labeling mistake.
He says soy lecithin is used as part of a cleaning procedure during production, and regulators informed the company it should be listed on the label.
U.S. Department of Agriculture,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns