SALT LAKE CITY (AP) – A Utah company is recalling about 90,000 pounds of beef jerky products that were mislabeled and didn’t list on the packaging the ingredient soy lecithin, an allergen.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s food safety service announced Tuesday that Salt Lake City-based Prime Snax Inc. is recalling products made before Feb. 2 that were shipped around the country.
The recall affects five of the company’s beef jerky brands: Arizona Jacks, Desert Star, Southwest Trail, Terrell and Kettle Creek.
Officials say there have been no reports of adverse reactions to the products.
Prime Snax CEO Kevin Howard says the recall was voluntary and a technical labeling mistake.
He says soy lecithin is used as part of a cleaning procedure during production, and regulators informed the company it should be listed on the label.
U.S. Department of Agriculture,
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy