PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain would likely face a tough race if he were to run for reelection in 2016.
The Behavior Research Center surveyed 700 voters last month in Arizona and found 37 percent approve of McCain’s performance but 33 percent gave him a thumbs down.
Nearly 40 percent of registered Republicans surveyed rated his performance as poor, up from only 27 percent last summer.
McCain hasn’t announced whether he will seek a sixth-term in 2016 when he turns 80.
The new Rocky Mountain Poll said Sen. Jeff Flake may be making some modest headway with Arizonans. More than 20 percent of those surveyed rated Flake’s performance “good,” up from 17 percent last summer after he was found to be the nation’s most unpopular senator by a Public Policy Poll.
The Rocky Mountain poll said Flake’s improved stock with the public is most noticeable within the ranks of registered Republicans and Independents. Democrats remain very cool toward the senator.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon