PHOENIX — Arizona Sen. John McCain would likely face a tough race if he were to run for reelection in 2016.
The Behavior Research Center surveyed 700 voters last month in Arizona and found 37 percent approve of McCain’s performance but 33 percent gave him a thumbs down.
Nearly 40 percent of registered Republicans surveyed rated his performance as poor, up from only 27 percent last summer.
McCain hasn’t announced whether he will seek a sixth-term in 2016 when he turns 80.
The new Rocky Mountain Poll said Sen. Jeff Flake may be making some modest headway with Arizonans. More than 20 percent of those surveyed rated Flake’s performance “good,” up from 17 percent last summer after he was found to be the nation’s most unpopular senator by a Public Policy Poll.
The Rocky Mountain poll said Flake’s improved stock with the public is most noticeable within the ranks of registered Republicans and Independents. Democrats remain very cool toward the senator.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments