With the recent death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman of an apparent overdose, many people are talking about drug abuse.
DrugFreeAZ.org CEO Leslie Bloom says parents need to watch their children for signs of heroin abuse.
“Typically, heroin is injected and the user can feel that euphoria or rush,” Bloom said. “Their face or their skin may feel warm and flush. They may complain of a dry mouth.”
Bloom said that if you find things missing in your house, it may be because your kid has sold them to support the habit.
“Individuals who are addicted to heroin will do anything to get the drug, because it is so highly addictive,” said Bloom.
She said that if you see any of these signs, you might want to confront your kid, and, if needed, get help for them immediately.
For more information, visit DrugFreeAZ.org.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick