When Polar Ice Chandler was sold last month to Coyotes Ice, it was no secret that the facility wasn’t in good shape.
But just how bad was it?
According to AZ Business Magazine, pre-purchase inspectors found a flaw that would have led to an “irreversible failure” of the ice plant and floors, which would have forced the facility to close.
The facility, now known as Ice Den Chandler, announced Tuesday an estimated $3 million renovation project that will begin this spring. The rink will be closed from April 7 until August 4.
Mike O’Hearn, president of Coyotes Ice, told the magazine that the renovation will include all interior equipment, as well as ice plant, lighting, roof work and subfloor. New concrete floors will replace the current sand-based ones, allowing the two-rink venue to be used for indoor soccer, lacrosse and other activities during the summer.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon