PHOENIX — There was sad news Tuesday for Bigfoot fans who were hoping to see the body of of one of the creatures in Phoenix.
Alleged Bigfoot slayer Rick Dyer of San Antonio, Texas, claimed to have shot Bigfoot outside of the Alamo City and was planning to take it on tour. He’s still toting the body around the country, but announced on YouTube Monday that promised stops in Phoenix were being canceled.
“Due to a better opportunity, (which) arose down in Texas, we had to make that sacrifice,” he said in the video.
Dyer was the same man involved in the Georgia Bigfoot hoax in 2008, when the “body” of one of the creatures turned out to be a rubber suit.
The tour was originally scheduled to be in Phoenix on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night