PHOENIX — Border Patrol agents have seized more than $600,000 worth of marijuana and arrested eight people since Jan. 31, the agency said in a Monday press release.
In the nearly two-week time period, the largest seizure was on Feb. 6 near Sonoita, Ariz. Agents discovered two illegal immigrants allegedly in possession of 12 bundles of marijuana weighing 624 pounds.
Agents also seized more than marijuana. In the same time period, they also took a loaded .44 magnum revolver and 41 rounds of ammunition.
In addition to the eight drug-related arrests, agents also apprehended 11 illegal immigrants.
All those contacted by Border Patrol were arrested and expected to be charged.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.