PHOENIX – A trip to one of the 16 Phoenix Public Library branches to get the latest book, song or movie is almost unnecessary these days.
A new partnership has expanded the library system’s digital offerings.
“I’m really impressed with the content that’s been recently added just within the last couple months,” said electronic resources librarian Geri Ann Thacker.
The Greater Phoenix Digital Library has offered videos and music for a few years, but the recent partnership with Hoopla and Freegal means thousands more songs, videos and books can be downloaded or streamed to a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Music users can stream up to three hours per day and download three free songs each week. Videos can be checked out three-14 days.
“I think these platforms have done a really good job of making it user friendly for our customers and they’re getting better all the time,” Thacker said.
She said the increased digital collection does not mean a decrease in physical materials. “People are really just consuming information differently and we’re trying to responsive to that.”
Card holders can visit phoenixpubliclibrary.org and click on “Browse the Library.” From there, choose “eLibrary” and then “eVideo” or “eMusic.”
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy