PHOENIX – A trip to one of the 16 Phoenix Public Library branches to get the latest book, song or movie is almost unnecessary these days.
A new partnership has expanded the library system’s digital offerings.
“I’m really impressed with the content that’s been recently added just within the last couple months,” said electronic resources librarian Geri Ann Thacker.
The Greater Phoenix Digital Library has offered videos and music for a few years, but the recent partnership with Hoopla and Freegal means thousands more songs, videos and books can be downloaded or streamed to a computer, tablet or smartphone.
Music users can stream up to three hours per day and download three free songs each week. Videos can be checked out three-14 days.
“I think these platforms have done a really good job of making it user friendly for our customers and they’re getting better all the time,” Thacker said.
She said the increased digital collection does not mean a decrease in physical materials. “People are really just consuming information differently and we’re trying to responsive to that.”
Card holders can visit phoenixpubliclibrary.org and click on “Browse the Library.” From there, choose “eLibrary” and then “eVideo” or “eMusic.”
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas