PHOENIX — It’s technically still winter, but Arizona is already heating up.
Marvin Percha with the National Weather Service said this week’s high temperatures will be in the 70s through Wednesday, but then things really heat up.
“Temperatures (will be) in the upper 80s to the lower 90s by Friday and Saturday will be widespread in the lower deserts,” he said.
The highs are about 18 to 20 degrees above normal for this time year.
Percha said Friday’s expected high of 87 would top previous record of 85 set on Feb. 14, 1957.
A high of 88 is expected on Saturday and that would top the previous high of 83 for Feb. 15 set in 1977.
Percha said there are also no rainfall possibilities for the next several days.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night