PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department and Silent Witness have asked for the public’s help to find a copper wire thief.
A newly released surveillance video shows a man burglarizing an APS electrical power station in northwest Phoenix on Dec. 10, 2013.
“He obtained a spool of copper wire and unspooled the entire row of copper, attached the end to his clothing, and then used the spool of wire as a ladder to gain access on top of the 12-foot block wall,” Silent Witness Sgt. Darren Burch said.
Once the man reached the top of the block wall, he jumped to the other side with one end of the wire still attached to his clothes.
“He then apparently pulled the end of the copper wire to steal the rest of the copper wire that was on the other side of the block wall,” Burch said.
Phoenix police said they have very few leads as to who the man is. They do, however, believe he may have been working with an accomplice. It is also possible that the suspect left the area on a mountain bike.
The man is described as 25-to-30 years old, white, around 6 feet tall and weighing roughly between 160 and 180 lbs.
Silent Witness is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to an arrest.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths