PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department and Silent Witness have asked for the public’s help to find a copper wire thief.
A newly released surveillance video shows a man burglarizing an APS electrical power station in northwest Phoenix on Dec. 10, 2013.
“He obtained a spool of copper wire and unspooled the entire row of copper, attached the end to his clothing, and then used the spool of wire as a ladder to gain access on top of the 12-foot block wall,” Silent Witness Sgt. Darren Burch said.
Once the man reached the top of the block wall, he jumped to the other side with one end of the wire still attached to his clothes.
“He then apparently pulled the end of the copper wire to steal the rest of the copper wire that was on the other side of the block wall,” Burch said.
Phoenix police said they have very few leads as to who the man is. They do, however, believe he may have been working with an accomplice. It is also possible that the suspect left the area on a mountain bike.
The man is described as 25-to-30 years old, white, around 6 feet tall and weighing roughly between 160 and 180 lbs.
Silent Witness is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information that leads to an arrest.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development