PHOENIX — According to the Maricopa County Department of Health, nearly 90 percent of all car seats are installed incorrectly in parents’ vehicles.
That means if you have one in your car or truck, there’s a good chance it’s not secured as safely as it should be.
Jim Garnand with NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals) joined Becky Lynn and Bob McClay in studio on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s “Arizona’s Morning News Weekend” and said Valley residents can get their car seats checked for free on Saturday, Feb. 8, at a special event being held in three different locations.
The event is sponsored by NARPRO and Safe Kids Coalition and it runs from 9 a.m. to noon in the following locations:
– North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave, Phoenix (Central and Bethany Home Roads)
– Target, 1525 S. Power Road, Mesa (Power Road and U.S. 60)
– Goodyear Park and Ride, 13183 W. Cornerstone Blvd., Goodyear (Interstate and Dysart Road)
Garnand recommends that visitors to bring their child with them for the safety check.
You can also get a checklist of problems to watch for in car seat installation and how to know when to replace your car seat at the SKMC website: http://safekidsmaricopaaz.org
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development