PHOENIX — According to the Maricopa County Department of Health, nearly 90 percent of all car seats are installed incorrectly in parents’ vehicles.
That means if you have one in your car or truck, there’s a good chance it’s not secured as safely as it should be.
Jim Garnand with NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals) joined Becky Lynn and Bob McClay in studio on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s “Arizona’s Morning News Weekend” and said Valley residents can get their car seats checked for free on Saturday, Feb. 8, at a special event being held in three different locations.
The event is sponsored by NARPRO and Safe Kids Coalition and it runs from 9 a.m. to noon in the following locations:
– North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave, Phoenix (Central and Bethany Home Roads)
– Target, 1525 S. Power Road, Mesa (Power Road and U.S. 60)
– Goodyear Park and Ride, 13183 W. Cornerstone Blvd., Goodyear (Interstate and Dysart Road)
Garnand recommends that visitors to bring their child with them for the safety check.
You can also get a checklist of problems to watch for in car seat installation and how to know when to replace your car seat at the SKMC website: http://safekidsmaricopaaz.org
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments