PHOENIX — According to the Maricopa County Department of Health, nearly 90 percent of all car seats are installed incorrectly in parents’ vehicles.
That means if you have one in your car or truck, there’s a good chance it’s not secured as safely as it should be.
Jim Garnand with NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals) joined Becky Lynn and Bob McClay in studio on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s “Arizona’s Morning News Weekend” and said Valley residents can get their car seats checked for free on Saturday, Feb. 8, at a special event being held in three different locations.
The event is sponsored by NARPRO and Safe Kids Coalition and it runs from 9 a.m. to noon in the following locations:
– North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave, Phoenix (Central and Bethany Home Roads)
– Target, 1525 S. Power Road, Mesa (Power Road and U.S. 60)
– Goodyear Park and Ride, 13183 W. Cornerstone Blvd., Goodyear (Interstate and Dysart Road)
Garnand recommends that visitors to bring their child with them for the safety check.
You can also get a checklist of problems to watch for in car seat installation and how to know when to replace your car seat at the SKMC website: http://safekidsmaricopaaz.org
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths