PHOENIX — According to the Maricopa County Department of Health, nearly 90 percent of all car seats are installed incorrectly in parents’ vehicles.
That means if you have one in your car or truck, there’s a good chance it’s not secured as safely as it should be.
Jim Garnand with NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals) joined Becky Lynn and Bob McClay in studio on News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s “Arizona’s Morning News Weekend” and said Valley residents can get their car seats checked for free on Saturday, Feb. 8, at a special event being held in three different locations.
The event is sponsored by NARPRO and Safe Kids Coalition and it runs from 9 a.m. to noon in the following locations:
– North Phoenix Baptist Church, 5757 N. Central Ave, Phoenix (Central and Bethany Home Roads)
– Target, 1525 S. Power Road, Mesa (Power Road and U.S. 60)
– Goodyear Park and Ride, 13183 W. Cornerstone Blvd., Goodyear (Interstate and Dysart Road)
Garnand recommends that visitors to bring their child with them for the safety check.
You can also get a checklist of problems to watch for in car seat installation and how to know when to replace your car seat at the SKMC website: http://safekidsmaricopaaz.org
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets