NBC’s Bob Costas elected to use a flattering profile of Russian president Vladimir Putin to open the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Portraying Putin as a statesman and crediting him for preventing an American airstrike on Syria and persuading the Iranian government to join the nuclear negotiating table, Costas offered a contradiction to the popular view of Putin.
Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) wasn’t a fan of that.
“Bob Costas ought to stick to sports because he obviously doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about,” McCain told FOX News’ Neil Cavuto. “He is an old Colonel KGB, nothing more, nothing less, and Mr. Costas giving him this kind of credit borders on ludicrous.
“I’ve admired his knowledge of sports and in-depth analyses, and from time to time watch his program,” McCain continued. “But on this one, stick to the hockey games, will ya?”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development