PHOENIX — Wrestling sectionals across Arizona have been postponed for the weekend due to an outbreak of a skin disease and will be re-visited on Monday.
A significant amount of schools were affected by a skin issue. Once the Arizona Interscholastic Association was made aware of the problem and that it wasn’t an isolated incident they consulted with health officials.
“Until we can identify exactly what is going on and ascertain the extent of it we postponed the sectionals on [Saturday] and on Monday we will be consulting with public health officials and looking at what our next steps will be in order to maintain and ensure the safety of the kids and the people involved in the tournament,” Chuck Schmidt, Chief Operating Officer of the AIA, said.
The AIA is continuing to gather information and will have no more updates until Monday.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them