PHOENIX — Wrestling sectionals across Arizona have been postponed for the weekend due to an outbreak of a skin disease and will be re-visited on Monday.
A significant amount of schools were affected by a skin issue. Once the Arizona Interscholastic Association was made aware of the problem and that it wasn’t an isolated incident they consulted with health officials.
“Until we can identify exactly what is going on and ascertain the extent of it we postponed the sectionals on [Saturday] and on Monday we will be consulting with public health officials and looking at what our next steps will be in order to maintain and ensure the safety of the kids and the people involved in the tournament,” Chuck Schmidt, Chief Operating Officer of the AIA, said.
The AIA is continuing to gather information and will have no more updates until Monday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments