PHOENIX — Silent Witness is hoping Cold Case Playing Cards that are being given to county jail inmates will lead to tips that will help solve 52 cold cases.
“Despite what you see in Hollywood movies, inmates always talk about other criminals, always ready to make deals, always willing to rat each other out,” said Silent Witness Sgt. Darren Burch. “We’ve already received tips on some of these cases.”
Each card in the deck has the photograph of a victim and/or suspect and relevant information about a case. For example, the five of diamonds has the picture of 84-year-old Irving Shuman. He was a victim of a homicide and his body was found in his Phoenix business in 2008.
“If the program helps solve just one of these 52 cases, it will be a success,” said Burch.
Silent Witness is selling the Cold Case Playing Cards to the public to help fund the program.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.