GLENDALE, Ariz. — Glendale police and firefighters are already hard at work getting ready for next year’s Super Bowl at University of Phoenix Stadium.
A group of them returned from New York earlier this week, where they monitored how police and firefighters handled Super Bowl activities in both New York and New Jersey. They will try to take what they learned to help Glendale better prepare for next year’s game.
As a result of his experience, Glendale Police Cmdr. Matt Lively would like to see more security cameras around University of Phoenix Stadium.
“New York has a huge use of cameras and other things,” he said. “We’ve got some, but not that many.”
Lively said with the game happening in Glendale, the Waste Management Phoenix Open in Scottsdale and various other Super Bowl parties and events happening at the same time, police officers in the Valley will be busy. He said that various law enforcement agencies and fire departments are going to need to cooperate with each other.
“There’s going to be motor officers doing escorts,” he said. “There’s going to be bomb squads available to respond somewhere. There’s going to going be SWAT teams available. We will need to share those assets, and place them where they’re available (and needed) depending on what’s going on in a particular day.”
Lively said that the police and fire department in New York and New Jersey worked together to make this year’s game a success and law enforcement agencies here will need to do the same next year.
Both the police and fire departments said they are well-equipped and will be ready for next year’s big game.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development