PHOENIX — The Behavior Research Center has released its first poll of the primaries for the Arizona governor’s race, and the Rocky Mountain Poll showed
that voters have no clear-cut favorite.
Behavior Research Center surveyed 700 Arizona voters in January and found the GOP field is led by former Go Daddy executive Christine Jones with 8 percent, followed by Mesa Mayor Scott Smith (7 percent) and former Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas(7 percent). Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett was fourth (6 percent). State Treasurer Doug Ducey (2 percent) and Al Melvin (1 percent) brought up the rear.
The survey found the early strength of Jones was tied to greater appeal than her rivals in attracting early votes from women. It also appears that she enjoys some strength in Pima County.
Among Democratic voters, Fred DuVal and Ron Cavanaugh were dead-even each with 14 percent but DuVal got a modest boost in his overall numbers because of his stronger appeal to independents who plan on voting in the Democrat primary.
When the preferences of independents are
factored in, DuVal leads Cavanaugh by an 18 to 12 percent margin.
The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percent.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them