PHOENIX — A Texas man who claimed to have killed not one, but two Bigfoot near San Antonio is bringing one of the beasts on a nationwide tour that begins Thursday in Flagstaff.
Grey Stafford with the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park suggested that self-proclaimed “Master Tracker” Rick Dyer is more “master showman” than Bigfoot slayer.
“The stories in the media about are more exciting than the actual evidence,” he said. “Sorry, there’s no Bigfoot out there. It’s like with sightings of aliens and UFOs — if people do a little more investigation, it typically reveals the flaws in the logic and science and it’s often proven to be fake.”
The location of the display has not been released.
The tour’s website said the tour will also stop in Phoenix.
The San Antonio Express-News reports Dyer previously claimed to have shot and killed a Bigfoot in 2008, but the corpse in that case turned out to be a rubber ape suit.
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees