KTAR’s Road to Recovery focuses on local businesses that are hiring, new businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday three Road to Recovery stories will air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information on those stories can be found below.
• A job fair for military veterans and their spouses is being held Thursday at University of Phoenix Stadium.
At least 40 companies will be on hand, including Lockheed Martin, the Arizona College of Allied Health, Amazon and the Department of Veteran Affairs. The job fair runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more go to recruitmilitary.com.
• The City of Phoenix is preparing to hire 15 people to become police officers. Applicants must have at least one year experience as a peace officer or deputy. There will be an agility test, drug screening and a background check among other screenings.
For more click here.
• After $8 million in renovations, the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport Hotel at 44th and Washington streets officially reopened Thursday as the Wren. A new fire pit, new windows, new beds and a renovated pool are just some of the updates made to the hotel.
For more click here.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them