KTAR’s Road to Recovery focuses on local businesses that are hiring, new businesses that are opening and events across the community. Each weekday three Road to Recovery stories will air on KTAR at 7:27 a.m. More information on those stories can be found below.
• A job fair for military veterans and their spouses is being held Thursday at University of Phoenix Stadium.
At least 40 companies will be on hand, including Lockheed Martin, the Arizona College of Allied Health, Amazon and the Department of Veteran Affairs. The job fair runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
For more go to recruitmilitary.com.
• The City of Phoenix is preparing to hire 15 people to become police officers. Applicants must have at least one year experience as a peace officer or deputy. There will be an agility test, drug screening and a background check among other screenings.
For more click here.
• After $8 million in renovations, the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport Hotel at 44th and Washington streets officially reopened Thursday as the Wren. A new fire pit, new windows, new beds and a renovated pool are just some of the updates made to the hotel.
For more click here.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development