GLENDALE, Ariz. — Authorities say a man in his 70s is dead after his
unattended stove started a fire in his Glendale apartment.
Glendale Fire Department investigators believe the fire began about 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday after the man started cooking and left the meal unattended.
Fire crews extinguished the flames and contained the blaze to the kitchen. No
other apartments were affected.
The man lived alone in the apartment. His name hasn’t been released yet.
Investigators say there’s nothing suspicious about the fire and it appears to
The cause of death will be determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s