PHOENIX — Representatives from 40 businesses and organizations attended the first of many work site training sessions at the Phoenix Business and Workforce Development Center on Wednesday to learn how to keep both themselves and their employees fit.
“It’s part of the FitPhx program where we are trying encourage healthier living,” said Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton. “When it comes to business, companies want employees to be healthy for productivity reasons. A healthier workforce is a happier workforce, so it’s good for our economy as well.”
FitPHX’s goal is to improve health and wellness in the region and make the Phoenix area one of the healthiest in the nation. The program encourages residents to lead healthier lifestyles, focusing on childhood and adult obesity, nutrition education, healthy worksites and encouraging the use of public transportation, bicycling and walking.
FitPhx has partnered with Healthy Arizona Worksites program, a public health initiative developed by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of health to offer free training to interested employers. The collaboration makes it easy for businesses to implement their own comprehensive worksite wellness strategies
“The city is thrilled to have the opportunity to expand the reach of the FitPHX program by partnering with the state of Arizona, Maricopa County and the Arizona Small Business Association,” said Councilman Daniel Valenzuela, who, along with Stanton and Olympic gold medalist Misty Hyman, helped create FitPHX.
“Through this partnership, thousands of employees throughout the state will now have more tools for increasing wellness in the workplace.”
To learn more, visit asba.com/fitphx.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick