PHOENIX — Arizonans are reportedly carrying less debt than they used to be.
According to GoBankingRates.com, Arizonans were carrying an average debt of $27,908 in December 2013, down from $28,430 in December 2012.
In addition, Arizona residents also saw a big drop in the amount owed on credit cards. In 2012, Arizonans owed $5,390 on average. In 2013, that number dropped to $4,701. This change saw credit scores increase.
“Arizona residents as a whole have a higher average credit score than the rest of the nation with 643 vs. 641,” said Ken Lin, CEO and chief consumer advocate of Credit Karma, in an interview with Phoenix Business Journal.
Arizona also closed out 2013 with slightly higher mortgage prices and car loan balances, both signs of an improving economy.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets