PHOENIX — Arizonans are reportedly carrying less debt than they used to be.
According to GoBankingRates.com, Arizonans were carrying an average debt of $27,908 in December 2013, down from $28,430 in December 2012.
In addition, Arizona residents also saw a big drop in the amount owed on credit cards. In 2012, Arizonans owed $5,390 on average. In 2013, that number dropped to $4,701. This change saw credit scores increase.
“Arizona residents as a whole have a higher average credit score than the rest of the nation with 643 vs. 641,” said Ken Lin, CEO and chief consumer advocate of Credit Karma, in an interview with Phoenix Business Journal.
Arizona also closed out 2013 with slightly higher mortgage prices and car loan balances, both signs of an improving economy.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes