PHOENIX — Arizonans are reportedly carrying less debt than they used to be.
According to GoBankingRates.com, Arizonans were carrying an average debt of $27,908 in December 2013, down from $28,430 in December 2012.
In addition, Arizona residents also saw a big drop in the amount owed on credit cards. In 2012, Arizonans owed $5,390 on average. In 2013, that number dropped to $4,701. This change saw credit scores increase.
“Arizona residents as a whole have a higher average credit score than the rest of the nation with 643 vs. 641,” said Ken Lin, CEO and chief consumer advocate of Credit Karma, in an interview with Phoenix Business Journal.
Arizona also closed out 2013 with slightly higher mortgage prices and car loan balances, both signs of an improving economy.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier