PHOENIX — Arizonans are reportedly carrying less debt than they used to be.
According to GoBankingRates.com, Arizonans were carrying an average debt of $27,908 in December 2013, down from $28,430 in December 2012.
In addition, Arizona residents also saw a big drop in the amount owed on credit cards. In 2012, Arizonans owed $5,390 on average. In 2013, that number dropped to $4,701. This change saw credit scores increase.
“Arizona residents as a whole have a higher average credit score than the rest of the nation with 643 vs. 641,” said Ken Lin, CEO and chief consumer advocate of Credit Karma, in an interview with Phoenix Business Journal.
Arizona also closed out 2013 with slightly higher mortgage prices and car loan balances, both signs of an improving economy.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life