PHOENIX — Journalism students at Arizona State University will be given a rare opportunity to cover one of the largest sports events in the world when the Super Bowl comes to Glendale next year.
According to ASU News, up to 20 students at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication will be given the chance to produce Super Bowl content for Fox Sports Arizona and The Arizona Republic.
Assistant Dean Mark Lodato said students will cover numerous topics, including tourism, economy and safety.
“This class offers our students a unique opportunity to cover the most-watched event in the world, and have their work highlighted by commercial media outlets,” said Lodato, who leads Cronkite’s new sports journalism program. “It’s an excellent resume builder that they’re not going to find anywhere else, and will provide Arizonans with important news content.”
The class will mimic a current course dedicated to covering spring training for Major League Baseball in the Valley.
The course will be taught by Greg Boeck and Brett Kurland, both who have extensive experience covering Super Bowls and other large sporting events.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again