PHOENIX — If you’ve wondered why you haven’t heard much from Selena Gomez in the new year, it’s because she was reportedly in rehab.
According to Star Magazine, the 21-year-old singer checked into the Dawn at the Meadows rehabilitation center in Wickenburg, Ariz. on Jan. 5.
“Poor Selena tried to put on a brave face, but it became clear she was struggling,” an insider reveals. “In the end, she decided to go for treatment.”
Gomez’s representative claimed she was seeking treatment for exhaustion, but a Star source said she had been using both marijuana and prescription drugs. Both habits began while dating fellow singer Justin Bieber.
“She finally gave into pressure and started smoking weed with Justin,” the source says. “His house was the first place she tried it.”
Gomez checked out of the 45-day program after just two weeks, but is still being treated.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.