PHOENIX — If you’ve wondered why you haven’t heard much from Selena Gomez in the new year, it’s because she was reportedly in rehab.
According to Star Magazine, the 21-year-old singer checked into the Dawn at the Meadows rehabilitation center in Wickenburg, Ariz. on Jan. 5.
“Poor Selena tried to put on a brave face, but it became clear she was struggling,” an insider reveals. “In the end, she decided to go for treatment.”
Gomez’s representative claimed she was seeking treatment for exhaustion, but a Star source said she had been using both marijuana and prescription drugs. Both habits began while dating fellow singer Justin Bieber.
“She finally gave into pressure and started smoking weed with Justin,” the source says. “His house was the first place she tried it.”
Gomez checked out of the 45-day program after just two weeks, but is still being treated.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon