PHOENIX — Three people were treated by emergency crews Tuesday after their plane crashed near Deer Valley Airport.
Ian Gregor with the Federal Aviation Administration said the plane, a single-engine Piper PA 28, crashed around 11:30 a.m.
“As the aircraft was taking off heading eastbound, it lost power and went down,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
The front end then erupted in flames after crashing through a fence.
Three occupants were being treated by emergency crews. One sustained a minor injury and the other two were fine.
Several first-response units were dispatched to the area near Seventh Street and Deer Valley Road after the aircraft went down.
Police shut down Seventh Street between Deer Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads, near the Deer Valley Airport.
The plane was registered to Bird Acquisition, LLC in Massachusetts.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
A second crash was reported Tuesday, however Gregor said a plane was forced to make a gear-up landing.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick