PHOENIX — Three people were treated by emergency crews Tuesday after their plane crashed near Deer Valley Airport.
Ian Gregor with the Federal Aviation Administration said the plane, a single-engine Piper PA 28, crashed around 11:30 a.m.
“As the aircraft was taking off heading eastbound, it lost power and went down,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson.
The front end then erupted in flames after crashing through a fence.
Three occupants were being treated by emergency crews. One sustained a minor injury and the other two were fine.
Several first-response units were dispatched to the area near Seventh Street and Deer Valley Road after the aircraft went down.
Police shut down Seventh Street between Deer Valley and Pinnacle Peak roads, near the Deer Valley Airport.
The plane was registered to Bird Acquisition, LLC in Massachusetts.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
A second crash was reported Tuesday, however Gregor said a plane was forced to make a gear-up landing.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.