PHOENIX — Parts of Arizona State University’s main campus were without power for several hours Tuesday morning, but most classes were not disrupted.
Cause of the outage in Tempe hadn’t been determined but power was fully restored around 11:30 a.m.
Power outage occurred affecting some Tempe central campus buildings.
— ASU Outages (@asuoutages) February 4, 2014
From #ASU advisory: Most buildings on Palm Walk are affected, as is the area from Hayden Mall to McAllister Mall, Orange Mall to University.
— The State Press (@statepress) February 4, 2014
Two dorms, the bookstore and the business school were also in the dark.
It’s the second power failure on campus in less than a month. Over winter break in January, leaking water caused a shutdown to about 20 percent of the campus.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America