Veterans at the Phoenix VA Health Care System got a surprise visit from 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Brad Keselowski on Monday.
Keselowski, 29, said he wanted to give back to the military heroes by handing out tickets to the 50th anniversary of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the Phoenix International Raceway next month.
“Football’s over, racing starts, it’s kind of a nice little end of the winter transition and we’re getting pumped for it, so kind of spreading the word,” said Keselowski.
In 2010, Keselowski founded the Checkered Flag Foundation, supporting military personnel, veterans, first responders and their families.
“It’s important for NASCAR, it’s important for me personally,” Keselowski said. “The Checkered Flag Foundation does things for servicemen, servicewomen and being able to give them some tickets to come out is hopefully our way of giving back a little bit,” Keselowski said.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development