Veterans at the Phoenix VA Health Care System got a surprise visit from 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Brad Keselowski on Monday.
Keselowski, 29, said he wanted to give back to the military heroes by handing out tickets to the 50th anniversary of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the Phoenix International Raceway next month.
“Football’s over, racing starts, it’s kind of a nice little end of the winter transition and we’re getting pumped for it, so kind of spreading the word,” said Keselowski.
In 2010, Keselowski founded the Checkered Flag Foundation, supporting military personnel, veterans, first responders and their families.
“It’s important for NASCAR, it’s important for me personally,” Keselowski said. “The Checkered Flag Foundation does things for servicemen, servicewomen and being able to give them some tickets to come out is hopefully our way of giving back a little bit,” Keselowski said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night