PHOENIX — A Valley teenager is certainly ambitious when it comes to tracking down a prom date.
Arcadia High School senior Matt Peterson is asking singer Miley Cyrus to prom.
While it may seem like a fool’s errand, Peterson apparently has some history with Cyrus. He met Cyrus during an appearance on Johnjay and Rich and had a less-than-manly reaction to the singer.
But that wasn’t the end of it. At her most recent Valley tour, Cyrus stopped her show to greet Peterson personally.
Given their clearly blossoming relationship, Peterson put together a video asking Cyrus to his prom on May 3. He’s using social media, including the hashtag #MileyProm, to attract the singer’s attention.
Peterson said he plans to be at her Bangerz tour stop in Phoenix on Feb. 27, flowers in hand, and is awaiting her answer. Oh, and if it helps, Miley, he said close dancing is allowed.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick