PHOENIX — A Valley teenager is certainly ambitious when it comes to tracking down a prom date.
Arcadia High School senior Matt Peterson is asking singer Miley Cyrus to prom.
While it may seem like a fool’s errand, Peterson apparently has some history with Cyrus. He met Cyrus during an appearance on Johnjay and Rich and had a less-than-manly reaction to the singer.
But that wasn’t the end of it. At her most recent Valley tour, Cyrus stopped her show to greet Peterson personally.
Given their clearly blossoming relationship, Peterson put together a video asking Cyrus to his prom on May 3. He’s using social media, including the hashtag #MileyProm, to attract the singer’s attention.
Peterson said he plans to be at her Bangerz tour stop in Phoenix on Feb. 27, flowers in hand, and is awaiting her answer. Oh, and if it helps, Miley, he said close dancing is allowed.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain