PHOENIX — A Valley teenager is certainly ambitious when it comes to tracking down a prom date.
Arcadia High School senior Matt Peterson is asking singer Miley Cyrus to prom.
While it may seem like a fool’s errand, Peterson apparently has some history with Cyrus. He met Cyrus during an appearance on Johnjay and Rich and had a less-than-manly reaction to the singer.
But that wasn’t the end of it. At her most recent Valley tour, Cyrus stopped her show to greet Peterson personally.
Given their clearly blossoming relationship, Peterson put together a video asking Cyrus to his prom on May 3. He’s using social media, including the hashtag #MileyProm, to attract the singer’s attention.
Peterson said he plans to be at her Bangerz tour stop in Phoenix on Feb. 27, flowers in hand, and is awaiting her answer. Oh, and if it helps, Miley, he said close dancing is allowed.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier