PHOENIX — A Valley teenager is certainly ambitious when it comes to tracking down a prom date.
Arcadia High School senior Matt Peterson is asking singer Miley Cyrus to prom.
While it may seem like a fool’s errand, Peterson apparently has some history with Cyrus. He met Cyrus during an appearance on Johnjay and Rich and had a less-than-manly reaction to the singer.
But that wasn’t the end of it. At her most recent Valley tour, Cyrus stopped her show to greet Peterson personally.
Given their clearly blossoming relationship, Peterson put together a video asking Cyrus to his prom on May 3. He’s using social media, including the hashtag #MileyProm, to attract the singer’s attention.
Peterson said he plans to be at her Bangerz tour stop in Phoenix on Feb. 27, flowers in hand, and is awaiting her answer. Oh, and if it helps, Miley, he said close dancing is allowed.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night