PHOENIX — A local business leader has weighed in on a set of standards released by House Republicans for the potential future of the nation’s immigration system.
“We’re excited about the progress,” said Glenn Hamer, CEO and president of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry. “Arizona being a border state would benefit greatly. We would have greater access to employees from all countries. In the business community, we feel this would be rocket fuel for our economy.”
According to Politico, House Speaker John Boehner’s leadership team introduced some guiding principles at its annual policy retreat. Top Republicans circulated a tightly held, one-page memo titled “Standards for Immigration Reform” toward the end of a day that included strategy conversations about the Affordable Care Act, the economy and the national debt.
Boehner’s team discussed methods to reform the nation’s immigration system in a way that secures the border, meets the needs of employers and addresses legalization — including citizenship for so-called DREAMers.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon