PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., man is one of two winners in a Doritos commercial competition. The man’s winning advertisement was shown during the first quarter of Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks.
As reported by KTAR’s Bob McClay on Jan. 5, Ryan Andersen’s humorous Doritos entry had been chosen as one of the top five finalists in the amateur commercial contest.
Doritos said Sunday on Twitter that Andersen’s “Time Machine” submission is one of the winners.
— Doritos (@Doritos) February 3, 2014
The two winning entires were aired Sunday during the Super Bowl — the other submission was shown in the fourth quarter — and fans got to vote for their favorite.
Not only does Andersen have a chance to be $1 million richer if fans choose his ad, but he will also get a chance to work on the next “Avengers” movie.
The Scottsdale videographer had already won $25,000 just for making it to the final round.
This was Andersen’s entry in the Doritos competition:
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick