PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., man is one of two winners in a Doritos commercial competition. The man’s winning advertisement was shown during the first quarter of Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks.
As reported by KTAR’s Bob McClay on Jan. 5, Ryan Andersen’s humorous Doritos entry had been chosen as one of the top five finalists in the amateur commercial contest.
Doritos said Sunday on Twitter that Andersen’s “Time Machine” submission is one of the winners.
— Doritos (@Doritos) February 3, 2014
The two winning entires were aired Sunday during the Super Bowl — the other submission was shown in the fourth quarter — and fans got to vote for their favorite.
Not only does Andersen have a chance to be $1 million richer if fans choose his ad, but he will also get a chance to work on the next “Avengers” movie.
The Scottsdale videographer had already won $25,000 just for making it to the final round.
This was Andersen’s entry in the Doritos competition:
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night