PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., man is one of two winners in a Doritos commercial competition. The man’s winning advertisement was shown during the first quarter of Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks.
As reported by KTAR’s Bob McClay on Jan. 5, Ryan Andersen’s humorous Doritos entry had been chosen as one of the top five finalists in the amateur commercial contest.
Doritos said Sunday on Twitter that Andersen’s “Time Machine” submission is one of the winners.
— Doritos (@Doritos) February 3, 2014
The two winning entires were aired Sunday during the Super Bowl — the other submission was shown in the fourth quarter — and fans got to vote for their favorite.
Not only does Andersen have a chance to be $1 million richer if fans choose his ad, but he will also get a chance to work on the next “Avengers” movie.
The Scottsdale videographer had already won $25,000 just for making it to the final round.
This was Andersen’s entry in the Doritos competition:
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development