PHOENIX — A Scottsdale, Ariz., man is one of two winners in a Doritos commercial competition. The man’s winning advertisement was shown during the first quarter of Super Bowl XLVIII between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks.
As reported by KTAR’s Bob McClay on Jan. 5, Ryan Andersen’s humorous Doritos entry had been chosen as one of the top five finalists in the amateur commercial contest.
Doritos said Sunday on Twitter that Andersen’s “Time Machine” submission is one of the winners.
— Doritos (@Doritos) February 3, 2014
The two winning entires were aired Sunday during the Super Bowl — the other submission was shown in the fourth quarter — and fans got to vote for their favorite.
Not only does Andersen have a chance to be $1 million richer if fans choose his ad, but he will also get a chance to work on the next “Avengers” movie.
The Scottsdale videographer had already won $25,000 just for making it to the final round.
This was Andersen’s entry in the Doritos competition:
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees