PHOENIX — At 5:40 p.m. MST Friday night, officials with the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call at a Wal-Mart in the San Tan Valley, where three alleged shoppers were loading plastic bins with stolen merchandise from the store.
After the call was made, the three shoppers were seen running toward a vehicle, described later as a red Pontiac Grand Am.
Upon arrival at the scene, a PCSO deputy witnessed 22-year-old Miguel Nino running towards the vehicle. The officer then parked his motorcycle in front of the suspects’ vehicle in an effort to stop their movement.
After seeing the bin of stolen merchandise in the back seat of the car, the deputy handcuffed a 16-year-old male passenger before dealing with Nino.
However, at the point in which the officer began to deal with Nino in the driver’s side of the vehicle, the handcuffed male passenger managed to run through the Wal-Mart parking lot.
Nino, then, grabbed the keys to the vehicle and sped off, nearly running over the deputy, who still was by the driver’s side.
With the help of other PCSO patrol deputies, the vehicle was eventually located in the area of Sierra Vista Road and Bella Vista Road after a 45-minute pursuit.
Upon being discovered, Nino and the lone female passenger, identified as 19-year-old Lynasie Connally ran off to hide.
A K-9 unit was called to the scene, and around 45 minutes after the time they had initially fled, the two passengers were found in a thick bush and promptly arrested.
According to an official with the PCSO, deputies recovered $334 worth of stolen merchandise, ammunition rounds and a methamphetamine pipe.
Nino was booked into the Pinal County Jail for aggravated assault on a peaceful officer, resisting arrest, unlawful fight, reckless driving, aggravated DUI, shoplifting and possession of stolen property.
Connelly was also booked in the PCSO County Jail for shoplifting an aggravated assault.
The handcuffed 16-year-old was also later found, arrested and booked for shoplifting escape and trespassing.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development