PHOENIX — The website for a Tucson, Ariz. newspaper was taken offline Friday.
The website of the Tucson Citizen now displays a blank screen with the following message:
Gannett Co. Inc. announced today that tucsoncitizen.com will become a site for the archives of the Tucson Citizen. More than 200,000 articles dating to 1993 will be free and searchable.
The Tucson Citizen, which ended its print edition in 2009, has been a web site compendium of blogs written by local citizens and provided links to Gannett news content.
“We are pleased to continue tucsoncitizen.com as an important community resource for Tucsonans who want to research the history and traditions of their city,” said Kate Marymont, senior vice president/news for the Community Publishing Division.
The redesigned tucsoncitizen.com archives will be available in several days.
Gannett and Lee Enterprises Inc. will continue to be partners in TNI Partners. Lee publishes the Arizona Daily Star.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas