PHOENIX — The website for a Tucson, Ariz. newspaper was taken offline Friday.
The website of the Tucson Citizen now displays a blank screen with the following message:
Gannett Co. Inc. announced today that tucsoncitizen.com will become a site for the archives of the Tucson Citizen. More than 200,000 articles dating to 1993 will be free and searchable.
The Tucson Citizen, which ended its print edition in 2009, has been a web site compendium of blogs written by local citizens and provided links to Gannett news content.
“We are pleased to continue tucsoncitizen.com as an important community resource for Tucsonans who want to research the history and traditions of their city,” said Kate Marymont, senior vice president/news for the Community Publishing Division.
The redesigned tucsoncitizen.com archives will be available in several days.
Gannett and Lee Enterprises Inc. will continue to be partners in TNI Partners. Lee publishes the Arizona Daily Star.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food