PHOENIX — Budweiser is already making a strong showing for the best Super Bowl ad, but a local advertiser said it’s too early to call the commercial game.
Earlier this week, Budweiser released a commercial on YouTube featuring a puppy befriending a horse that quickly captured the hearts of millions. While the ad is generating plenty of buzz, Louie Moses with Phoenix advertising firm Moses Anshell said it’s not the clear winner yet.
“It could be somebody comes up with something on Sunday and we go, ‘Oh wow,'” he said. “That’s why we’re gathering around the TV. Not just for football but for a nice little story.”
Moses said he is not a fan of releasing the Super Bowl spots online ahead of the game because it takes away from their impact “because you want to experience this with hundreds of millions of people for the first time and the web releases take away from that.”
About 30 Super Bowl ads have already been released. Another 50 are set to air Sunday.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments