PHOENIX — Price-comparison site Locality.com has released its Yuppie Price Index, a compilation of typical services of yuppie consumers and Phoenix’s young urban professionals are among the most willing to spend on themselves.
Phoenix yuppies came in fourth, spending almost $6,400 per year on haircuts, blowouts, manicures, massages, eyebrow waxing, dry cleaning, dog boarding, gym memberships, yoga classes, and more.
San Francisco is the nation’s most expensive yuppie city at $6,700 of spending each year with prices 14 percent higher than the national average.
Rounding out the top five most expensive yuppie cities were: Denver ($6,640), Washington ($6,414), Phoenix ($6,382) and Raleigh, N.C. ($6,282). Los Angeles ($6,119) was 11th, Chicago ($6,025) 12th and New York ($6,017) 13th.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development