PHOENIX — A potential Canadian real estate bubble will not hurt the Valley’s housing market, a local Realtor said.
“The only effect I could see of a Canadian housing bubble popping is people unloading their property here for cash,” said Diane Brennan, co-host of KTAR’s That Real Estate Show. “But we’re in a buyer’s market anyway so buyers would purchase those properties.”
Some economic analysts say the Canadian housing bubble could pop, while others say it’s just simply not going to happen. Canadian investors were a huge reason why the Valley’s real estate market recovered because they bought up many of the empty homes.
Brennan said rumors of Canada’s housing market potentially tanking have been swirling around for a couple of years and those rumors are fueled by a weakening Canadian dollar.
“I just had a Canadian couple cancel their offer on a Valley home because the Canadian dollar took a dive,”
Speculation of a potential Canadian housing crash picked up with Canada’s December jobless jump to 7.2 percent, which is higher than the United States’ 6.7 percent.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them