PHOENIX — A new survey said that Arizona is one of the worst states in the country when it comes to financial security.
The news isn’t good.
“45.7 percent of Arizona households are in a persistent state of financial insecurity,” said Cynthia Zwick, the Director of the Arizona Community Action Association. “They really have barely enough financial resources to get by in the event of an emergency.”
A new survey by the Corporation for Enterprise Development also ranks Arizona 39th among the 50 states when it comes to the financial security of residents.
Zwick said there are a couple of reasons why.
“Arizona really has not come back from the recession. We are still seeing a really high unemployment rate,” said Zwick. “We are not investing in safety net programs in this state that support families through a crisis.”
Zwick noted that preventing predatory lending like auto title loans and raising the minimum wage to between 10 and 14 dollars an hour could help families start to succeed in Arizona.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them