PHOENIX — A new survey said that Arizona is one of the worst states in the country when it comes to financial security.
The news isn’t good.
“45.7 percent of Arizona households are in a persistent state of financial insecurity,” said Cynthia Zwick, the Director of the Arizona Community Action Association. “They really have barely enough financial resources to get by in the event of an emergency.”
A new survey by the Corporation for Enterprise Development also ranks Arizona 39th among the 50 states when it comes to the financial security of residents.
Zwick said there are a couple of reasons why.
“Arizona really has not come back from the recession. We are still seeing a really high unemployment rate,” said Zwick. “We are not investing in safety net programs in this state that support families through a crisis.”
Zwick noted that preventing predatory lending like auto title loans and raising the minimum wage to between 10 and 14 dollars an hour could help families start to succeed in Arizona.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development