PHOENIX — Things could be up and running as soon as next month at a new Apple plant in Mesa, Ariz., a report said.
According to bgr.com, the company wants the plant to begin work on a specialized type of glass called Sapphire, used on the iPhone 5.
[Analyst Matt] Margolis has recently speculated that there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that next-gen iPhones may have sapphire display glass covers that will include solar panels. While that can’t be confirmed at this point, it seems that Apple is very interested in seeing the sapphire plant live in order to meet an “aggressive” timeline.
While the glass currently has limited use on Apple products, it is believed the new Arizona facility may hint at a broader use of Sapphire.
The move to get things running quickly could also hint at the launch of the iPhone 6 in late 2014.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy