PHOENIX — Like Arizona Snowbowl near Flagstaff, Sunrise Park has been been able to stay open this winter thanks to snowmaking equipment.
Sunrise General Manager Brian Bressel said it has been almost two months since it has snowed there and they’ve been able to keep 80 percent of the mountain open. A good weekend storm could allow them to fully open the slopes.
“What it will do is improve the surfaces of the areas that are open,” he said. “That surface has been pretty firm without the natural snow, even though we’ve been grooming the heck out of it.”
Bressel said this has been the third driest winter in 110 years. Just 22 inches of natural snow has hit the hill so far.
“We should be well over 110 inches of snow by now. Usually we get about 280 to 320 inches for the season.”
Bresell said the resort hopes to be open until Easter.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy