PHOENIX — An Arizona Red Cross chapter is looking for more volunteer health experts.
The Grand Canyon Chapter of the Red Cross hopes to increase the number of healthcare providers and mental health experts who are willing to volunteer their time.
“It’s a time when you can step up and help people on their very on their very worst days,” said Red Cross spokeswoman Trudy Thompson Rice. “LPNs, RNs, physicians, EMTs, social workers, mental health experts, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, we need all of them.”
Volunteers must undergo brief training, but would be allowed to practice within the scope of their license and volunteer hours may be counted as clinical hours.
Experts interested in volunteering at the Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter can start the process at redcross.org/gcc.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development