PHOENIX — An Arizona Red Cross chapter is looking for more volunteer health experts.
The Grand Canyon Chapter of the Red Cross hopes to increase the number of healthcare providers and mental health experts who are willing to volunteer their time.
“It’s a time when you can step up and help people on their very on their very worst days,” said Red Cross spokeswoman Trudy Thompson Rice. “LPNs, RNs, physicians, EMTs, social workers, mental health experts, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, we need all of them.”
Volunteers must undergo brief training, but would be allowed to practice within the scope of their license and volunteer hours may be counted as clinical hours.
Experts interested in volunteering at the Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter can start the process at redcross.org/gcc.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths