PHOENIX — An Arizona Red Cross chapter is looking for more volunteer health experts.
The Grand Canyon Chapter of the Red Cross hopes to increase the number of healthcare providers and mental health experts who are willing to volunteer their time.
“It’s a time when you can step up and help people on their very on their very worst days,” said Red Cross spokeswoman Trudy Thompson Rice. “LPNs, RNs, physicians, EMTs, social workers, mental health experts, psychologists, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, we need all of them.”
Volunteers must undergo brief training, but would be allowed to practice within the scope of their license and volunteer hours may be counted as clinical hours.
Experts interested in volunteering at the Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter can start the process at redcross.org/gcc.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick