PHOENIX — A new social media trend involving deportation is picking up steam.
According to Voxxi, the new trend features people adding blonde hair and blue eyes to their photos with the hashtag #undeportable, a clear jab at alleged racial profiling.
The trend kicked off after Canadian-born singer Justin Bieber was arrested and charged with drunken driving, among other things. Despite the possibility of Bieber’s via being revoked, most pundits feel that his wealth will prevent him being booted out of the United States.
Immigrant rights advocates from the #Undeportable campaign are going a step further than [journalist Ruben] Navarrete, suggesting Bieber is getting special treatment and might not be deported because of his celebrity status and because he is white.
As the debate around Bieber continues, the #undeportable movement is only expected to gain momentum.
— Evelin Damian (@EveDamian) January 28, 2014
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon