PHOENIX — A brewery in Gilbert, Ariz. has been named the top new brewery in the world by a beer-rating website.
“It’s quite an honor to receive this email saying you have been chosen out of 2,600 breweries to be number one in the world,” Buford said. “It was kind of a pinch yourself moment. It was pretty cool to wake up to.”
The award was based off beer ratings on the site, as well as other social media reaction.
“Our vision and goal is to not only bring craft beer to the city of Gilbert, but we want to represent Arizona around the world,” Buford said. “It’s a great tie-in to the award, because people can now say ‘Hey Arizona is making some of the best craft beer in the world.'”
Buford didn’t take all of the credit. He said he owes a lot of their success to the rest of the local craft beer companies that paved the road for them.
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company is located on the southeast corner of Arizona Avenue and Guadalupe. It has been open since September and got about a quarter of its opening funds from the website kickstarter.com. Buford said that although the funding was a huge help, you still have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into your business for it to succeed.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.