PHOENIX — A brewery in Gilbert, Ariz. has been named the top new brewery in the world by a beer-rating website.
“It’s quite an honor to receive this email saying you have been chosen out of 2,600 breweries to be number one in the world,” Buford said. “It was kind of a pinch yourself moment. It was pretty cool to wake up to.”
The award was based off beer ratings on the site, as well as other social media reaction.
“Our vision and goal is to not only bring craft beer to the city of Gilbert, but we want to represent Arizona around the world,” Buford said. “It’s a great tie-in to the award, because people can now say ‘Hey Arizona is making some of the best craft beer in the world.'”
Buford didn’t take all of the credit. He said he owes a lot of their success to the rest of the local craft beer companies that paved the road for them.
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company is located on the southeast corner of Arizona Avenue and Guadalupe. It has been open since September and got about a quarter of its opening funds from the website kickstarter.com. Buford said that although the funding was a huge help, you still have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into your business for it to succeed.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development