PHOENIX — A brewery in Gilbert, Ariz. has been named the top new brewery in the world by a beer-rating website.
“It’s quite an honor to receive this email saying you have been chosen out of 2,600 breweries to be number one in the world,” Buford said. “It was kind of a pinch yourself moment. It was pretty cool to wake up to.”
The award was based off beer ratings on the site, as well as other social media reaction.
“Our vision and goal is to not only bring craft beer to the city of Gilbert, but we want to represent Arizona around the world,” Buford said. “It’s a great tie-in to the award, because people can now say ‘Hey Arizona is making some of the best craft beer in the world.'”
Buford didn’t take all of the credit. He said he owes a lot of their success to the rest of the local craft beer companies that paved the road for them.
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company is located on the southeast corner of Arizona Avenue and Guadalupe. It has been open since September and got about a quarter of its opening funds from the website kickstarter.com. Buford said that although the funding was a huge help, you still have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into your business for it to succeed.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments