PHOENIX — The cold weather just keeps on coming for cities in the Midwest and East Coast and so do ads for Arizona.
The Scottsdale Convention & Visitors Bureau has launched a new ad campaign in New York City ahead of Sunday’s Super Bowl game, where temperatures are forecast to reach a chilly 39-degree high before dipping into the high 20s.
The campaign will plaster digital pictures of a sunny desert and the average temperature in Scottsdale on 50 main subway entrances across the Big Apple.
Beginning Feb. 3, three subway cars on the 42nd Street subway line, also known as the “S” shuttle, will be wrapped with images of a warm Scottsdale. The line services both Grand Central Station and Times Square, meaning about 100,000 daily riders are likely to see at least one of the cars.
In addition to wrapping cars in New York City, two cars on Chicago’s L-train will be wrapped with images of Scottsdale and posters will be put up in Union State.
All the ads will link to ScottsdaleEscape.com.
Earlier this week, Scottsdale launched a website designed to attract visitors for next year’s Super Bowl, which will be held in Glendale.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon