PHOENIX — The Red Cross is helping pet owners get prepared in the event of an emergency.
The charitable organization has planned a class in the Valley to teach dog and cat owners what to do until they can get to a veterinarian.
During the class, participants will learn how to prepare for emergencies involving a dog or cat and how to protect themselves and their pet from suffering further injury.
“I would really recommend everybody who loves their animals to take the class now, so that you’re ready when there’s a disaster coming your way,” said Trudy Thompson Rice of the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter.
The Red Cross Pet First Aid course will be held on Sunday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Grand Canyon Chapter Piper Center at 6135 N. Black Canyon Highway in Phoenix. The cost is $70 per person.
For more information visit redcross.org/takeaclass
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development