PHOENIX — The Red Cross is helping pet owners get prepared in the event of an emergency.
The charitable organization has planned a class in the Valley to teach dog and cat owners what to do until they can get to a veterinarian.
During the class, participants will learn how to prepare for emergencies involving a dog or cat and how to protect themselves and their pet from suffering further injury.
“I would really recommend everybody who loves their animals to take the class now, so that you’re ready when there’s a disaster coming your way,” said Trudy Thompson Rice of the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter.
The Red Cross Pet First Aid course will be held on Sunday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Grand Canyon Chapter Piper Center at 6135 N. Black Canyon Highway in Phoenix. The cost is $70 per person.
For more information visit redcross.org/takeaclass
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes