PHOENIX — The Red Cross is helping pet owners get prepared in the event of an emergency.
The charitable organization has planned a class in the Valley to teach dog and cat owners what to do until they can get to a veterinarian.
During the class, participants will learn how to prepare for emergencies involving a dog or cat and how to protect themselves and their pet from suffering further injury.
“I would really recommend everybody who loves their animals to take the class now, so that you’re ready when there’s a disaster coming your way,” said Trudy Thompson Rice of the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter.
The Red Cross Pet First Aid course will be held on Sunday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Grand Canyon Chapter Piper Center at 6135 N. Black Canyon Highway in Phoenix. The cost is $70 per person.
For more information visit redcross.org/takeaclass
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets