PHOENIX — The Red Cross is helping pet owners get prepared in the event of an emergency.
The charitable organization has planned a class in the Valley to teach dog and cat owners what to do until they can get to a veterinarian.
During the class, participants will learn how to prepare for emergencies involving a dog or cat and how to protect themselves and their pet from suffering further injury.
“I would really recommend everybody who loves their animals to take the class now, so that you’re ready when there’s a disaster coming your way,” said Trudy Thompson Rice of the American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter.
The Red Cross Pet First Aid course will be held on Sunday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Grand Canyon Chapter Piper Center at 6135 N. Black Canyon Highway in Phoenix. The cost is $70 per person.
For more information visit redcross.org/takeaclass
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier