PHOENIX — While President Barack Obama is talking to Congress on Tuesday, Arizona State University senior Jordan Hibbs will be tweeting.
She is among 100 social media users invited to watch the speech from the White House and then take part in a discussion with presidential policy advisers.
“We’ll be tweeting throughout the whole thing,” Hibbs said. “Being able to reach those who may not have even heard about it, I think, is really important because I think social media can connect a lot of people who may not have been actively watching the news.”
Hibbs would like to hear the president address education, student debt and pay equality.
“As a senior about to graduate, it’s tough still seeing there’s still a difference between men and women when it seems like we’re all getting the same degrees and the same skills so why is it we’re leaving college and basically have differ values on the job market?”
Hibbs plans to ask her Twitter followers via her account, @jordanahibbs, for their input. White House policy advisors will also take questions from Twitter users taking part in the discussion using the hashtag #SOTUSocial as well as Facebook users.
Hibbs said she applied and was also selected last year to live tweet during the State of the Union with about 100 other people.
Participants are responsible for their own travel and lodging accommodations.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick