PHOENIX — Leaders at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Ariz. are offering the nation’s first College of Security and Intelligence.
The new college is designed to meet the growing demand for cybersecurity, global security and intelligence experts. Former CIA Intelligence Analyst Dr. Phillip Jones will be installed as Dean of the College of Security and Intelligence on Wednesday.
“Our students need to be interested in foreign cultures,” he said. “You can’t really understand the world if you come at it from our own American perspectives. It requires professionals who have very high standards, ethics and skills because, in the end, intelligence work reaches the desk of the president.”
Jones said students will get hands-on training in the computer security and forensic lab, also known as the Hacker’s Lab.
“We have students playing both sides of an issue. In other words, one bank of computers is trying to penetrate another bank of computers and the other bank of computers is trying to defend.”
The College of Security and Intelligence will also house the cyber intelligence and security degree program that Embry-Riddle created last year.
A master’s program will be offered this fall.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas