PHOENIX — Who doesn’t love a witty, personalized license plate?
However, Harold Sanders with the Arizona Department of Transportation wants to remind drivers it’s illegal to make any changes to an Arizona license plate on your own.
“You cannot change, alter the design of an Arizona license plate, at all,” Sanders said.
There are stiff fines and penalties for people who add or take away from their plates using paint, tape, stickers or anything that alters the plate.
Police will pull you over, and it is a misdemeanor, according to Sanders.
There are 50 different designs available for your license plate, should you want to add your own personal flair.
“There really isn’t a need for someone to try to be creative and add something else to a particular plate,” he said. “We’ve got a wide variety of very beautiful license plates.
Once you’ve added a sticker or tape, it’ll likely ruin the plate if you then try to take it off.
And there are stiff fines and penalties for offenders, he said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon