An employment company is optimistic about Arizona after the state’s unemployment rate dropped two-tenths of a point to 7.8 percent in December.
The Robert Half Company believes the news is even better if you have a college degree.
“Unemployment rates for those individuals are roughly half, if not even lower, than the general market,” said Brett Good, the senior Arizona district president for Robert Half.
But there could be more jobs opening up in the long term. Good’s firm estimates that a lot of people will be retiring over the next 20 years.
“You’ve got about 10,000 baby boomers that are reaching 65 years old every day for the next two decades nationwide,” Good said. “You’re going to have an exodus of employees that are leaving the market.”
Good said that today’s young people need the skills to replace them.
“Communications skills, software skills, technical skills, etc.,” said Good. “We just need to ensure that we’re doing a good job preparing our youth for the requirements of the future.”
A recent study by an organization called the Hay Group says that the number of retired people is expected to jump nearly 13 percent nationwide in 2014.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food