PHOENIX — You’ll see something different at this year’s Amazing Arizona Comic Con convention going on this weekend at the Phoenix Convention Center.
In addition to a lot of comic books, characters, and costumes, you can attend a World Premiere.
The documentary “The Image Revolution” debuts on Saturday at the convention. It’s the story of how the creators of “Spawn” and “The Walking Dead” quit Marvel 20 years ago to start their own company.
“You get to see how these risked everything to leave the security blankets of Marvel and DC to break out and blaze their own trail,” said Jimmy Jay, the Convention’s Director.
Jay said that “Walking Dead” creator Robert Kirkman will answer questions right after the 3 p.m. showing.
Meanwhile, you’ll see people in a lot of fun costumes at the convention, including everything from comic book heroes to “Star Wars” Stormtroopers.
“Last year, we had somebody walking around looking like Gene Simmons (of the band “Kiss’), walking around posing with fans,” Jay said. He added that the Simmons lookalike stuck out his tongue, something that Simmons is well known for. “You will see some great, great stuff here,” said Jay.
We found a woman named Darth Brook who was already in costume before the convention opened.
“I’m Tira from Soulcalibur III,” Brook said. “It’s a video game. She has a ring blade. She has the soul edge on her side, and she’s sort of evil and cute at the same time. I like playing her. ” Brook laughed as she added, “I’m evil and cute I guess.”
The Amazing Arizona Comic Con runs through Sunday at the Phoenix Convention Center. For more information, visit AmazingArizonaComicCon.com.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy